Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first RGB, M51 only 30mins :(

SlipperySquid

Ok this is my first ever RGB image, the colour is a bit off and I don't know how to correct it!

Only 30 mins in each channel on a skywatcher 200p.

I've been having a nightmare at the moment and everything seems to be going wrong! camera,mount and scope all not playing ball so I have not been able to take any images for a while.

So I thought I'd post this....It's pretty poor but some one might be able to take out the purply tinge to the colour?

Thanks all

Matt.

P.S. This RGB thing is hard to balance the colours right! I thought it would be a walk in the park! how wrong I was.

post-17960-133877530744_thumb.jpg

Good start Matt, and the data looks fine.

You've done something a bit odd with the stars...have you used any sharpening?

I had a play in PS, and selected the background only and gave it 3 passes of Gradient Xterminator on an aggressive setting, which cured the unevenness to some extent.

I also reduced the amount of magenta in the galaxy...this might well be down to light pollution, as I find I need to do this to my images too.

Bring some of your data to Lucksall and I'll show you a few processing tricks. Beer's on you :)

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877531213_thumb.jpg

Matt if this is the result when things go wrong I can't wait for when you get it right. :)

This is a great image - lots of detail and structure. The colour balance was a bit off in the first image but you've done a brilliant job at capturing the data in the first place.

Nice one.

Mark

I'll take you up on the offer Rob, any preference to the beer you would like? I thought special brew ;)

Eeeek....not EVIL BREW!

Me and my mates used to consume that stuff back in the late 70's before we went to the pub on a friday night.....we could never figure out why we didn't get the girls :):D:D

I'm a big fan of good traditional ale these days Matt ;)

Archived