My New Obs

rabbithutch

Just thought I'd post a pic of my new obs.

Seriously, this site belongs to the astronomical society I've just joined. It is located on the backside of nowhere away from light pollution. It is about 50 miles from my home. I'm sure that far west Texas has darker skies but this location is pretty nearly as dark. I don't know what equipment the obs houses. I hope to attend a club meeting there this coming Saturday night. Weather permitting, I might even get to look through some member scopes, too. I'll send a report if all comes together as planned.

Also if things go well - and weather holds good - I hope to purchase an 8" dob next week, too. Expect cloudy skies for the next six to ten months in this part of the world. :):eek:

post-21515-133877530017_thumb.jpg

UPDATE

I attended the open house last Saturday evening. The place is amazing. The telescope is a 24" Ritchey-Chretien. Is it truly very nicely appointed. Over the next year or so I hope to be trained and qualified to operate it. I'm told that I can use it to AP but I have no camera.

I'll try to remember to take pics on my next trip.

Archived