Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 or M32?

Mamsoth

Hi everyone, I was out last night in really bad light pollution (I have a set of massive floodlights that blaze down on my garden every night until 10). The light was so bad I couldn't even find andromeda with my ep so I had a go with my camera to try and track it down. I ended up being beaten by the clouds that were fast rolling in. So I took a single rough frame so I could ask the following question. Is this m31 or m32?

Although I've observed them both many times it's the first time I've managed to get the camera on them so I can't figure out which it is.

Got a sneaking suspicion it's m32 but could use some sage advice :(

Cheers and clear skies

post-19473-133877529416_thumb.jpg

Knew someone would do that magic. We could even guess the approximate focal length of your scope if we guessed the pixel size..... I'm too tired to do that at the moment. Take some more images of random bits ofnthe sky and see if you can fool astrometry!

Peterw

Archived