Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Light Pollution

Not sure on maps John, but i live near poole at canford heath. The new forrest is good for dark skies, and i keep meaning to have a look at a place called Badbury Rings as this a little bit closer for nights in the week.

Your more than welcome to tag along if you like when i go up there to see if it is ok.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.mydarksky.com is currently trying to map areas and find dark sites and highlight light pollution hotspots. Data is limited as it's still fairly new but the more of us who get involved the more useful it'll be for us all.

You can also view the map complete with the light pollution layer mentioned by mikeknowle. This feature is still being developed so it's not perfect yet.

MyDarkSky - SQM Map

Not sure on maps John, but i live near poole at canford heath. The new forrest is good for dark skies, and i keep meaning to have a look at a place called Badbury Rings as this a little bit closer for nights in the week.

Your more than welcome to tag along if you like when i go up there to see if it is ok.

Jon

Badbury Rings (An Iron Age Hill Fort) - close to me too and a good dark site. Go there regularly with the kids for a weekend stroll, but also a few years ago used to go there with a friend and his scope.

Karl

Archived