Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn at last!!!!

tiwar

Ok,

I`ve been dying to see Saturn for weeks now. With one thing and another i`ve failed but last night, wow!!!!

Ok its smaller than i expected having only got an 80ED but its just beautiful!! I could see 3 moons i think. Anyway thats wetted my appetite and i`m looking at getting a bigger scope for a better view...

It was the best night we`ve had in ages last night, did a bit of messier hunting too. Went to bed at 2.30am a very happy but cold bunny.....

T x

I got up at 4am to get my first sight of Saturn this morning. Completely worth it! :)

That made me smile... I have also been considering setting my alarm clock for a very early start and getting my scope packed ready to mobilise to a suitable site to view Saturn! I will do it next week if possible as I have a week off... I can't wait :) what an ace look forward!

I really enjoy looking at Saturn I always find it amazing. I remember a few years ago now I was watching a programe about the nights sky & they were telling you where Saturn was, so I got my parents small telescope and went for a look, I couldn't believe it, there it was, really small but I could make out the shape and see the ring. After seeing pictures of it for so many years it was quite a moment to be able to finally see it.

That 1st viewing basically got me interested in buying a telescope and even though it was some years later before I purchased a higher powered scope it was worth the wait to see it again only this time alot better.

Anyway well done to you I know how it feels and will be looking forward to having a closer look again very soon.

Ben

Archived