SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First S6500 Orion - Questions?

Kain

Ok just found a gap in the clouds, so I went out and took an Orion widefield :)

image.jpg

Few questions :)

I know the stars are showing trails, no tracking, and the ghostly smudges are passing clouds :lol:

However what are the like other little dots/grains? Theres nothing on the lens, is it because the air is damp?

It was a...

30sec Exp

ISO 100

F5.6

Any tips or suggestions (other than get tracking) would be grateful :)

Cheers

Kain

RAW files are great but they still must be converted to a JPEG, TIFF, whatever, prior to Photoshopping or posting.

In Photoshop, save it as a TIFF. Then, after processing the image, resize it to 600x800 then 'save as' JPEG level 10.

NB: If you repeatedly save a JPEG image (usually as a result of returning to it a number of times in Photoshop) the JPEG degradation accumulates.

I have had a play with the RAF file now I am at home, it's abit better just less details show in the picture..

Hmm, Begining to think my crappy Canon point and shoot thing is better :)

EDIT

Just a thought, could it be the moon making these specks on the image? As I tried Ursa Major last night, which left the camera facing away from the moon, it wasn't half as bad!

Hmm

Kain

Archived