Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn and Jupiter.

oldfruit

Hi all, got up about 3am today to image Saturn. I have already posted one result. I have had time to process another.

Also this evening i had a crack at Jupiter but it is getting quite low and is above houses at the back of my garden so seeing is not great but i will attatch the pics anyway.

I am aware that i need to concentrate on focus more and am gradually learning my way through the capture and process settings but as always i welcome any advice and comments good or bad as i have a lot to learn and what better place to pick up tips than here.:D

Clear skies.

Mark.

post-20855-133877520995_thumb.jpg

post-20855-133877520999_thumb.jpg

Great shots Mark, I especially like the detail in Jupiter but Saturn is still good :evil1: Is the lack of focus the cause for saturns detail? What is the best way to achieve perfect focus through a webcam?

I am looking for the answer to the same question about focus. I think the answer is patience.:D

Nice Jupiter shot - quite a bit of detail visible.

Saturn is hard to focus on because it has lower surface brightness, but if you can see the Cassini division at all on screen, this provides an area of high contrast and therefore something to focus on.

With Jupiter, you can bump the exposure up to see the moons, focus on them until they are round discs and then lower the exposure again.

Capture avis either side of where you think focus is, and hopefully at least one will be more or less there. Poor seeing will obviously affect focus as well.

Rachel

Archived