Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 434 - The horse!

shaunster

Here is my shot at the horsehead last night, just a quick dirty processing as hopefully will get more to add to it tonight!... But I was pretty excited about my new kit so I thought id post my first offering up :)

Atik 314l+

Zenthstar 70 on HEQ5 pro

Guided using ST80 and QHY5

This is 22x300s using baader Ha filter

Im not sure I got the lightness of it correct as the image looks different on both of my PC screens.

There is a larger version on my new website Shaun's Astro Site - Images Just click on the image for a larger version :)

post-19540-133877519763_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone :)

Forecast changing for the worse tonight now.. but you never know..

Still I love this region and when the moons out the way will be having plenty of RGB time on it

Oh yeh I forgot to say I only turned on the cooling after 5 subs last night, I keep forgetting I have to turn it on and set the temp

Nice start :), if you haven't done any flats and use photoshop, using the clone stamp tool could help a lot with those dust marks around the flame.

Tony..

Thanks, I had a play with it. Certainly cleans it up, just got to watch I dont over do it so it looks unnatural

Theres loads of tools in photoshop... its just knowing how they all work thats the hard bit :)

Thanks, I had a play with it. Certainly cleans it up, just got to watch I dont over do it so it looks unnatural

Theres loads of tools in photoshop... its just knowing how they all work thats the hard bit :)

Indeed Shaun, it's a good bodge but you do have to have a light touch with it :(.

Tony..

Archived