Just saying Hello

Kevdan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kev, welcome to the forum.

As already mentioned the GoTo's list of objects can be a bit ambitious, my Meade ETX80 allegedly can go to two black holes and a quasar, not from this planet it can't!

I would also recommend FLO, they will provide unbiased advice, and have an after sales service second to none.

After you have fifty posts, you will gain access to the "For Sale" section. This may provide a very decent second hand scope which may help with your budget. It's where I got mine from, best of luck.

Hello And once more thanks,

I have already been looking at scopes and am thinking now about the skywatcher skyliner 200p. This will take me a couple more months to get the money together (blumming Boiler packed up before christmas) as its more than I wanted to initially spend.

1st question is -

there is no mention of a tripod on any sit eI have looked so do I have to buy a seperate tripod and if so where do i start, I got small tripods for my dslr camera but obviously this will never hold the weight.

2nd not so stupid question -

Literature , what are the best books for newbies , at the moment i am being bombarded with so much new stuff and like Homer simpson the more new stuff that goes in, old stuff seems to get pushed out.

3rd Stupid question

Is there any point in me getting just a cheap and chearfull telescope to play with till i can get the money together for the one I have now set my sights on, (till someone says that scope is s**t) and I have to rethink again.

4th Question

Do any local colleges do any courses on asronomy and are they worth the money. Or is it better to play and discover yourself.

Sorry to ask what are probably stupid questions to most of you but we all have to start somewhere.

Thansk again

Kev.

Hi

Welcome to SGL

As for the scope i think james has said all you need to know and is pointing you in the right direction with a 6" or 8" Dob.

As with any scope it all depends on LP and atmospheric conditions as to what you can.You could have the best scope on the market but if the conditions aint right then you wont see the clarity through the eyepeice you were expecting.

I have a MEADE ETX90 that for me seems to work pretty good for a novice like me.

Archived