Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hey guys-could you check this?

Im really excited into buy a new telescope. i have owned a 114mm eq telescope b4 but i feel i need a new one. i want to see everything:D

I think i will buy this sometime before nextweek Sky-Watcher Skyliner-250PX 10 inch Dobsonian Telescope (668) - Warehouse Express

could you guys check if it is REALLY OK and also tell me if i could find it anywhere cheaper or give me any tips on if i should spend a bit more to get another type- im trying to stay under £900.

i have noticed that im not allowed to check the FOR SALE area because im New here. I think this is a blumming fantstic idea to reduce profit makers- well done moderators-

But the problem is i want to see if there are any good offers there too- so if any of you could tell me if there is a pretty good telescope worth me knowing about in that section- i will very very very apreciate this-

thank you

P.s Why do people keep on writing "Clear Skies" at the endo of message? is it like a good luck thing?

These people also carry that scope and would be worth talking to:

Dobsonians - Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX Dobsonian

These are a big step up from your current scope although straightforward to operate because the mount is simpler. It will take up more space than your current scope as well so do think about that.

Alternatively you could let a month pass, browse around SGL, and get involved in some of the discussions, which would also help you firm up your ideas on what you would like to get next. Then you can access the "for sale section" and see what's on offer there.

The "Clear Skies" sign off is a sort best wishes thing - astronomers like clear skies :icon_eek:

Im sure you would prefer us to wish you "clear skies" rather than cloudy ones ha ha.

Thats a really decent scope but shop about, Flo are only a couple of pounds dearer but such a great company to deal with, i would also suggest waiting a little while, and get your post count up

I've got the 150p version of that and it's a nice scope. I'm told they take a long time to cool but mine is kept outside in the workshop.

Being a GOTO user I found it a little tricky to get used to finding some things by my self, but sky maps and a digital angle gauge on my phone got me sorted :icon_eek:

Thats a hell of an upgrade. 10" is certainly nothing to be scoffed at. I also say that you should check out FLO (the sponsors of this forum). Great guys.

"i want to see everything"

You are going to have to invest in a Hubble telescope to see everything, but 10" is a good start.

I have that scope, it is my first scope and got it on tuesday. Ive only tried it once and that was sunset but still i saw the moon in great detail and high mag also i saw jupiter with 3/4 moons, jupiter was really crisp and i could easily see the band the moons were clear and bright and not just blurry smudges. Great scope and you wouldnt be disappointed, down side is just the dob mount but they are easy to use.

I got mine for £389 so it is way in your budget!

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info on the scope itself.

Archived