NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

m42 a little color

Les Tilly

Which version of Maxim are you using Les? Maxim V5 can do photometric alignment using pinpoint which is tremendously accurate with subs using the same set up. You just need to connect maxim to the mount and set up the scope details prior to running the imaging sequence. What benefits do you find moving to registar?

Still want to know how you've got all that dust showing without having everything dominated by M42, it's a remarkable image. Hugely impressed, well worth submitting for APOD.

Which version of Maxim are you using Les? Maxim V5 can do photometric alignment using pinpoint which is tremendously accurate with subs using the same set up. You just need to connect maxim to the mount and set up the scope details prior to running the imaging sequence. What benefits do you find moving to registar?

Still want to know how you've got all that dust showing without having everything dominated by M42, it's a remarkable image. Hugely impressed, well worth submitting for APOD.

I used layering and masks . RGB subs 800 secs then I did 400secs then 90 and 60 I wanted more luminance but the moon is up now so thats not going to happen soon I did not want to over do the Background dust so it was just a big blob of red I like the blend so far

Les

Archived