Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ,HEQ or EQ?

Hard to say. I have both NEQ6 and HEQ6 according to the badges and there is precisely no difference whatever between them. Other owners report assorted minor differences. For the latest real differences I would ask FLO who sell them and know the current stock.

Olly

• 1 month later...
I have both NEQ6 and HEQ6 according to the badges and there is precisely no difference whatever between them. Other owners report assorted minor differences.

? HEQ6 ?

AFAIK the difference between the NEQ6 (Synscan) and the EQ6 (Synscan) is that the NEQ6 comes with a longer counterweight bar and an extra puck which accepts Losmandy dovetails. The mount mechanics & electronics are identical and there is no difference in weight limit ... the longer counterweight bar does allow you to balance a heavier OTA without buying extra counterweights, but that's it.

? HEQ6 ?

AFAIK the difference between the NEQ6 (Synscan) and the EQ6 (Synscan) is that the NEQ6 comes with a longer counterweight bar and an extra puck which accepts Losmandy dovetails. The mount mechanics & electronics are identical and there is no difference in weight limit ... the longer counterweight bar does allow you to balance a heavier OTA without buying extra counterweights, but that's it.

Mine didn't! Pooh, I'm fed up!! It is absolutely identical to the pre 'N' mount I bought 18 months prevously. Some other NEQ6 owners in a previous thread reprted the same. I think they just change the specs from time to time so asking FLO what you get is the best way.

Olly

Edit, when I say identical I exclude the N on the plastic badge...

Mine didn't! Pooh, I'm fed up!! It is absolutely identical to the pre 'N' mount I bought 18 months prevously. Some other NEQ6 owners in a previous thread reprted the same. I think they just change the specs from time to time so asking FLO what you get is the best way.

Olly

Edit, when I say identical I exclude the N on the plastic badge...

Same here.

Definately an example where asking ones retailer such questions will reveal whether they are:

i. a knowledgeable, manufacturer-trained, product-passionate, customer-focussed organisation

ii. a cowboy shyster just out to make a buck.

Retailers.....stand by your product spec. sheets.

The current popular big bad boy is the EQ6 which is the same as the NEQ6. Just under this is the HEQ5 which amongst other things comes with a tripod that has slightly thinner legs and a mount with a lower (but still substantial) payload capacity. The HEQ5 is much more substantial than the EQ5 and in turn is lighter (but still relatively heavy on the back) than the EQ6.

Archived