Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 03-01-2011 with transits

chrisrnuttall

Hello

Here is a drawing of Jupiter from 2 days ago.

I have been getting up early all through Christmas to view Saturn, but only seeing clouds!

So when the sky cleared on Monday night I decided to have a look at Jupiter and Uranus instead.

0°C, still, clear, Seeing Ant II.

CM1 203° CM2 105°

200X and 300X

The SEB revival has spread right around the planet now, the Northern element has spread all the way across the disc from right to left, and the southern element has reached 2/3 across in the other direction.

Oval BA was seen - poorly.

NEB showed a white oval at its northern edge along with other larger scale detail.

Io is in transit near the CM, and its shadow is just entering the disc to the RHS. Gannymede's shadow is just leaving the disc to the RHS.

The EZ looked pretty quiet.

post-17454-133877515148_thumb.jpg

Nice one Chris. Good to see progress in the SEB revival. From your sketch I can see that both southern and northern components of it are now looking stronger than when I last viewed it. Nice to get a double shadow transit too!

Archived