NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Double cluster

Kaptain Klevtsov

Had a go at the double cluster tonight using the same setup as for NGC7000.

image.jpg

This is my first go at this one so I'm not sure if it's supposed to look more like a Glob. or just a couple of open clusters having a chat.

Captain Chaos

edit

Darn, I've put it in the wrong section. Could somebody please slap me and move it, thanks.

• 1 month later...

It's a nicely captured image but I have yet to see an image of the double cluster that looks better than the view through the scope. One to tick off and move on IMHO

You sure about that ?

Vega

Yep. I've seen stunning images with superb star colour and beautifully processed but still prefer the view through the scope. No image can match the dynamic range of the eye. Just a personal opinion, others might like the colour of an image. Feel the same about the moon as well really.

others might like the colour of an image.

There are a handful of nice warm stars in the DC that can be seen clearly thru an 8". One in particular, central, slightly to the left, always looks rock steady and sharp... Beautiful.

It's a nicely captured image but I have yet to see an image of the double cluster that looks better than the view through the scope. One to tick off and move on IMHO

You sure about that ?

Vega

Yep. I've seen stunning images with superb star colour and beautifully processed but still prefer the view through the scope. No image can match the dynamic range of the eye. Just a personal opinion, others might like the colour of an image. Feel the same about the moon as well really.

Im presuming you clicked the link behind the statement "are you sure about that?"

http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/DoubleClusterNM.html

Archived