Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 - Processed with PI

swag72

Sorry folks, but I am sure that you are pretty bored with my M31 posts now. Anyway, this will be the last one for a while!

I have processed my M31 data with PI using the video tuts by Harry. I have to say, I am mighty impressed with PI, but I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating so to speak!

So here is my M31 processed with PI. You can compare this with the PS processed one.

Which do you prefer and why?

swag72-albums-dso-s-picture8232-pixel-test-complete.jpg

5311428413_54ecc22d99_b.jpg

Yes, I know, but do I spend ££'s on autoguiding or this excellent new processing programme that I have found? :eek: Can't do it all at once anymore I'm afraid! What would you suggest Harry?!!!

get the autoguiding sorted for long exposures and use the free software that is available until funds allow the switch

Super improvement in PI both for background and colour. Others have said, and I agree, that PI is worth the asking price just for DBE and background neutralization. But obviously it does more than that, too. Good image as well!!

Olly

Archived