Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I want to power my EQ5 without the batteries

Peter Reader

A transformer, not a transformer cable. It just converts AC to DC, but the 'regulated' means there is a chip to control the final voltage to exactly what it is specified as. (A 6V transformer on its own produces 8.4V). From your question I guess this is all academic. Suggest you just look for a '6V regulated power supply' with an amperage rating of what your data sheet for the mount says (probably 1.5 - 3 Amps). Try Farnell, Rapid Electronics, Maplin. I wouldn't recommend a 'Wall-Wart' type battery charger unless you can test it's output waveform on a scope.

David

Edit: Just seen your latest question - the power supply 6v output needs to connect to wherever your existing battery connects to

I have no knowledge of motorised mounts but it might be worth checking the polarity otherwise it might fry the motors or electronics if it's reversed. If there's a DC input socket on the mount/motor there should be a data badge to show the polarity. The regulated power supply should have one for its output so just make sure they match.

Good Luck :-)

Hi Peter,

If you are ordering the same DC adaptor from E-bay, it's easy.

You get 6 jack adaptors.Find the one with the best fit.

On each side of the jack is a tip positive/tip negative diagram and a arrow pointing down

Locate which side has the one as per diagram(tip positive)

On one side of the female socket,from the mains DC cable is another arrow pointing up.

Line up the arrows,push together. Done!!

Wayne

Archived