NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sleeves for a electric focuser coupler....

daz

I have an Accufocuser which I want to attach to my Rev 80. The AccuFocuser has a shaft of (I think) 5mm diameter, which couples to the shaft of the focuser via a brass sleeve which has 4 taped M4 holes for securing to said shafts.

The shaft on the focuser, though, is only (guess from memory) 3mm in diameter.

What I'm after is a sleeve (or sleeves) that will hold the coupler tight to the focuser shaft once the grub screws are tightened up. Obviously, something 3mm in diameter with 2mm thickness would be ideal!!!!

I suppose I could wrap tape around the shaft, but I'm not sure that would hold it sufficiently.

Any ideas out there?

Ta

Simplest is best, eh Ant!! I'll try that later.

Phil - Good idea, there is one near me. I'll give that a shot if the tape plan doesn't do the trick

CC - So I can get 2 of those, one with a 3mm hole, one with a 5 and mate the two with black disc? I like that idea!! We have an RS account at work, so getting the bits is no issue.

Thanks, as usual, for your creative inputs :D

Archived