Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Post-Christmas influx of newbies continues...

Ajay

Hey Neilius. It's awesome. Need clearer skies to play with it more though, not quite sure about much of it yet. Glad other people have the same one, means I can ask for help! It'll be eyepieces next... Good job my birthday's not far away lol

Oh yes, the eyepieces! Something I need to invest in too. There is a set of EP's and various filters by Celestron (6 in all, I think) for £130 or there abouts on Amazon dot com. I have been sorely tempted, but as a mature student, I'm on a tight budget.

What I have bought, for only a tenner, was a 3X Barlow lens; not a very good one, but with the 20mm eyepiece I was able to make out some bands on Jupiter.

On another note - I notice you have University bins! Where are you studying? I'm at Leeds Trinity

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome

You will soon learn that clear skys are something in other parts of the world other than where you are and we all suffer from it. But when it does clear, the rewards are well worth the wait.

Hope you enjoy many hours viewing.

lol @ valleyman. I'm getting that vibe from all parts of the site!

I'm afraid New Year will be spent with all radios, tvs and computers blaring to persuade the dog the world is not ending outside :)

Neilius - I read Wildlife Conservation at Nottingham Trent. So I have really small cheap binocs from there and I can't remember their make so called 'em uni ones lol I have some lovely new ones on their way as I'll need them for bird/wildlife watching this year :( Too many new things to fit into 2011! What are you studying?

Hello Ajay, a very warm welcome to SGL, I see you have already ordered your 10 pennyworth of "Observing the Deep Sky" and TL@O. Apart from Stellarium have a look at our Bins section you will see a free program called TUBA, a very interesting set of star maps you can alter to your own requirements, print off and take outside, they were originally intended for binos, but are just as useful with the scope when you are starting out and learning the night sky, enjoy the forum.

John.

Archived