Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Winter in Dorset

It has been freezing outside, very freezing, and ice has been covering lens quite quickly. Also, forgot my tripod :), so had to try find places where I could place camera. Managed to get few shots before I have started losing feeling in my fingers. Moon was almost full, so not many stars can be seen, but place is great for stargazing and will come back there as soon as possible. I am not happy with panoramas (thik moon created to big gradient and lack of tripod didnt help) but hope you will like it:

2IMG_0968.JPG

2IMG_0969.JPG

2IMG_0970.JPG

2IMG_0971.JPG

2IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_10522.JPG

Absolutely beautiful - you've got your own Christmas cards in the making there.

What did you use to stitch the panorama - the Microsoft photo gallery package (free) that includes stitching does a lovely job of blending in the brightness/contrast for a seamless join.

thks Kris. Does anyone knows how to attach higher resolution panoramas? When I try to attach original size for some reason it decreases length and width:( is there any size restriction?

Yes there is a file size restriction of 2Mb on attachments but if you use the albums feature in your profile you can attache 5Mb files. Nice set of images too, Microsoft ICE is a good free program for sitching panoramas.

Regards

Kevin

Really nice. What time of day was this and what exposure did you use?:)

thanks a lot:) I was using 20 sec exposure and iso 800. with 30 seconds and full moon picture was much to bright.

@ Sparrow and BeyondVision - have to used Conon stitch software. Will try again in the evening with Microsoft ICE. Also need to find good online page to upload panoramas, so it can be seen in full resolution

Archived