Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Nebula keeping at it ...

Quatermass

Ah, I remember the first time i imaged Orion, as you say it really is a breath taking moment! I think I ran over the garden and swung open the door to show my wife the image I caught on my camera. Dont think she was quite as impressed as I was!

My wife has got the right idea let me go out in the cold and freeze then she gets to see the pretty picture from the comfort of the living room. Im still trying to figure out the many ways to use photo shop and deep sky stacker must try not to forget to just go out and use the telescope to look at things. This imaging lark is a bit addictive thats for sure.

Sounds like you had a great night. Nice round stars and good looking focus. If you are colour blind you may need to get your wife working with you on your pics. This one is a little magenta. Great piece of work though

Thats a good idea I will give that a go when the sky is clear again and try combining the image with what I have got already. Finally found out why my shutter release cable was not working stupid manual has a tiny bit in it telling you it wont function if the automatic off function is turned off duh.. So may be able to try out some longer exposures but the weather is plummeting back to freezing cold and more snow bah.. rain on tue wed cloudy and more snow after that yukko. Oh well we might have a white Christmas.

I have got an LVI smart guider from my good pal mark so will have to find out how to get that all set up trouble is I only have a single RA drive motor and no other telescope to use with the LV1 star guider so much to learn but its all good fun.:)

Thats a good idea I will give that a go when the sky is clear again and try combining the image with what I have got already. Finally found out why my shutter release cable was not working stupid manual has a tiny bit in it telling you it wont function if the automatic off function is turned off duh.. So may be able to try out some longer exposures but the weather is plummeting back to freezing cold and more snow bah.. rain on tue wed cloudy and more snow after that yukko. Oh well we might have a white Christmas.

I have got an LVI smart guider from my good pal mark so will have to find out how to get that all set up trouble is I only have a single RA drive motor and no other telescope to use with the LV1 star guider so much to learn but its all good fun.:)

Archived