Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Attaching Canon lenses to my CCDs

Mike has some nice Canon lens and I have some nice CCD cameras, so I'd like to have the option of putting the two together for nice widefields :) I know about the Geoptik adapter, but before I put that one on my Christmas list I wondered whether there were any alternatives - ideally that could take filters. Anyone using anything else?

Thanks

Helen

Mogg adaptors are available...

I use an adaptor made from a x2 camera convertor body and a piece of 1.25" extension tube!!

getting filters into the available space behind the lens is not easy!!

An alternative would be to use 2" astro filters infront of the lens. You can use filter step up rings to match the 55mm lens thread.

Canon lenses have quite a short back focus distance compared to (example) Nikon lenses. My kit uses Nikons and a Gerd Neuman filter drawer, but he is unable to provide a Canon adapter because there just isnt enough room :)

You definitly want the filters inside the adapter and not attached on the front of the lens. Less dew and dust issues on those expensive bits of kit....

Making or buying a suitable adaptor is the easy part......

trying to fit a filter between the lens and the CCD is the difficult part!!!

Hmmm just thinking as I type (always difficult to do!) why not have a shorty 1.25" nosepiece with a screw in 1.25" filter??

Sure, it can only really be used for smaller chips, but may just work....

Thanks for the info guys. At the moment I'm not too hung up on the filter requirement, but thought that if one which would do it was available then I'd get that instead of one of the non-filter options

Helen

Archived