NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun 7 Dec in H-alpha

sheri_barri

Finally braved the negative degree temperatures to dig out the shed door from the snow and have a look at active regions 1131 and 1133. It was thoroughly worth it! Didn't manage long in the cold with the sun just skimming the neighbours landscaping. AR1131 is a monster! Had a look with binomites as well which has been the best sunspot I've seen with them so far.

Today's sun showed an impressive array of filaments, sunspots and prominences. The spray of prominence is especially interesting.

The images are taken only 5 min apart however I rotated the etalon a bit to try and emphasise different regions. Hope it helped.

Thank you for looking.

Sheri

post-15561-133877508655_thumb.jpg

post-15561-133877508664_thumb.jpg

Wow, Sheri......I have never seen the sun that way before. I know I have a lot to learn in the field of solar imaging and what you do is way more advanced than I intend to get. Keep up the inspiring work !!

BeeJay:)

Archived