hello!!!

my 3 little stars

hello.

started this last night so am a begginer to say the least.

i have a telescope and just pushed that to one side as i have no idea how to use it.

i downloaded stellarium and managed to it on my balcony and spotted orions belt the seven cluster star, and either aries or jupite, and was so proud of my self and am now hooked!

was wondering if there was any events around im in blackheath london

thanks

amy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would try and find Jupiter using the 20mm first using Stellarium as a reference to find it. Then once you have it centered try the 6mm to get more detail.

You will recognise jupiter because it has 4 moons spread either side of it that look like little dots of light. There may be 2 each side, or 3-1, or all 4 to one side. Also one may disappear behind the planet so you only see three. :)

Hello and welcome from me too :)

I don't know anything about that scope but it might be worth a quick search for it in the equipment section of the forum.

Last night you should have seen two of the moons of jupiter pretty close to the planet and the others slightly further away - I was showing a friends son the view last night.

Archived