Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First club meeting approaching

george7378

This Wednesday will hopefully be the first meeting of my school astronomy club. The current weather is not looking great, but Wednesday may be the day it clears up - who knows. I won't be taking my telescope, although there will be a 4.5" reflector belonging to the school available, and everyone has been told to bring any pair of binoculars available - I will be taking the 8X30s. We are hoping to get some basic Jupiter viewing done, and we may try and find some of the brighter galaxies too. I will probably post an observing report here based on how it goes, and there should be two very bright Iridium flares on the night too, so I will try and get some pictures.

For future sessions I am hoping to amaze with the views through the 10" Dob, particularly later in the season, when I hope we can get a look at the Orion Nebila through it, and see Jupiter with my new 5mm planetary eyepiece.

This will be my first experience of observing with others, and I can't wait to share the views!

Thanks! I am not taking the club though - I'm one of the students attending. As it turned out, our headteacher is actually an avid astronomer, and I asked him if we could set up a club, so he did! :) I told my friends and they are coming along to share the views with me.

Actually looking as if it may be clear(ish), but cold, very cold. The coastal area may have more cloud. Equally they could strangely :) have the forecast wrong

Moon is full so that should be easy if reasonably clear. At least it would be a start.

Archived