Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How do you stop M45 looking like this?

You mean its meant to look like that? :oops:

Well, I would have thought you would know far better than me. I can see that you've caught some nebulosity, but those small halos do look a little artificial. Could it be dew? a rogue setting? over-processing? atmospheric interference?

The truth is I don't have a clue!

AstroPhethean

Hi CC , well you have got it , Noels actions, first do the small halo,s, i done them a couple of times , the do the large halo,s a couple of times , then run deep sky action just the once , the i go to photoshop to hide the now dark halo,s around the larger stars , use the lasso and lasso each star in turn , go to filter under render ue the bottom render ,click the centre of the star and adjust the render to the size u want , click out and save , do this to each large star , the lasso each star again , and go to enhance , down to adjustments , then to hue and saturation and bring back until white stars , click out and save ,last of all i just turned up the contrast a little , not to much as the =nebulosity data was weak ,

thats it , the better the image data the better this load of actions would be ,

Cheers

Rog

Archived