Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

webcams

thommo10

At the moment I am using a Meade LPI and a old laptop using windows xp as the LPI does'nt work with windows 7 32bit which is on my new Laptop, I have tried all mods and reprograming but it still refuses to work, so I am looking for a new webcam preferably a ccd chip that is easily converted, any suggestions.

Just found this on Meades website:

"These installation instructions will help guide Windows 7 users during the AutoStar Update 5.9.2 installation. The security built into Windows 7 prevents the AutoStar Updater Installer from opening immediately after the download. After the ASU downloads, the user will need to locate the ASU executable and run the installer. See the installation instructions for more detail"

Here's the link: Meade Instruments Corporation - Software Downloads

Worth a shot I reckon :)

Thanks Brantock will give it a go, the reason the LPI don't work is because windows 7 won't recognise it hence autosuite can not find it it windows 7 runs to a default camera (trust cam 57009 i think the numbers are).

I have just read the posts for converting the philips 880 for astrophotography all looks a bit daunting to me.

The Phillips 880 only needs to be flashed to 900 - which is quite simple. The camera is then used to image the moon and the planets and does a great job of it. The camera is only flashed so that there is more functionality with the newer drivers. I am sure it still can be used to image the moon and planets in its unflashed state.

The conversion I think you write of is the long exposure modification - which involved fiddly soldering and the acquisition of more components...often this mod is done to render the cam into a guider.

:) I kinda forgot to mention that u need windows xp to flash the

spc 800 to the 900 cant belive I forgot that:confused: If u cant get access

to a pc running xp morgans can do it for you for a small fee

2 quid I belive... good luck with the spc880 they truly are awsome

value for money..:)

Archived