NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NOT A WEEK OLD AND MODS ALREADY!

bcfcciderhead

As the title says, only had the scope last thursday and due to the weather i've not been out, so set out to do a few mods, i wanted to gain a few more inches in the dob height and find a way of levelling the base, so i found some adjustable legs and a little round spirit level, i gained about 5" in height, not a lot but made all the difference to me.

Looking to add some sort of storage tray to the side to keep things at hand.

So far total cost £12

post-20982-133877499854_thumb.jpg

post-20982-133877499858_thumb.jpg

Whereabouts did you source these from?

B&Q £9.99.

Yes they are the cabinet type in which you have to wind the legs up or down, i thought of this problem as well, rubbing your hand along the ground, but not had this problem... yet, all i do is place each leg on a square piece of wood and before i mount the OTA just take the weight of the dob and adjust each leg as need be, the legs adjust very easy and you can just use your fingers keeping you hands of the ground.

The legs seem very strong and cover a large area underneath the dob, once the OTA is in place i have no movement in the legs and is very stable.

I dare say there is better around but for the price cant complain.

Archived