Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Powertank.... which lead?

If I buy this Maplins powertank/jumpstarter - 3in1 Portable Jumpstarter : InCar Battery Chargers and Compressors : Maplin what cable will I need to buy so it fits my 'scope (SW MAK 127 GOTO)?

I'm assuming this is how it works i.e. a cable is plugged into one end of the powertank and the other end of the cable goes into the mount of the 'scope, and there's no need for a mains supply to be used. Is this correct?

Thanks!

A car lighter lead adapter with a 2.1 socket comes in with the jump starter. This will fit straight into the SW mount "Job done" I purchased the £19.99 3in1 last night and I am chuffed with what you get for your money. Plus it will come in handy should the car ever have a flat battery.

A car lighter lead adapter with a 2.1 socket comes in with the jump starter. This will fit straight into the SW mount "Job done" I purchased the £19.99 3in1 last night and I am chuffed with what you get for your money. Plus it will come in handy should the car ever have a flat battery.

Even better if it already comes with the lead. Excellent!

Thanks for that :eek:

99p Speaker cable from Wilko's a soldering iron and a bit of electrical tape is all thats needed to extend low amp cables.

just what I did.

Maplins also sell a small lead which has a female 2.1mm connection on one end and 5 outputs. very useful. use this and you can have extensions to fans, motors etc etc.

I reckon I'll get one of these from Maplins tomorrow.

I can use the excuse that it's not from my (now empty) Astro fund as it's just in case for starting the car. :eek:

Archived