Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1 st RGB CCD image.. Bodes M81

Coco

Hi

At last Ive started getting some RGB data with the 314L..

only 3 x 3mins of each due to clouds.. 9 mins total = 3 mins Lum

I would like to know what the funny red/green/blue pixels are dotted all over the image.. :mad: There all over it..:)

original.jpg

original.jpg

superb 1st rgb shot:cool:......its m82 not m81, the red green and blue dots are hot pixels that presumably hasnt calibrated out and when you have aligned the frames they separate and show up.....did you do fresh dark frame?.....the over all image is good but has a very slight green tint that should come out with a colour balance adjustment

superb 1st rgb shot:cool:......its m82 not m81, the red green and blue dots are hot pixels that presumably hasnt calibrated out and when you have aligned the frames they separate and show up.....did you do fresh dark frame?.....the over all image is good but has a very slight green tint that should come out with a colour balance adjustment

Thanks peter, no darks just stacked them all in deepskystacker.. :)

I'll stack them with dark frames and see if they go away..

unless you have set point cooling on the camera i wouldnt bother getting any darks for this set of frames....the darks wont match the light frames, they need to be done close to the time of imaging.......instead put the frames through a hot pixel removal filter and stack them

I get these if I stack my RGB data in DSS and use the drizzle x2 option. If you have a copy of Maxim try stacking in that, it seems to miss them out.

The other alternative is to use the clone stamp tool in photoshop and get rid of them that way.

Tony..

Nice work Guy, you must be pleased with that start. Just a couple of points - 1. Has DSS got a hot pixel detection/removal tool? If so, run that. If not, just get shot of them with the clone or healing tool in Photoshop. Also I think you have a slight colour bias in there, try aligning the peaks of the Red, Green and Blue channels in DSS, using the middle slider.

Here is another go, this time a stretched the images a bit more before combining , notice the 'hot' pixels still present. I think there is more than should be.. Its not going to be easy cloning them all out in a busy nebula shot..

DSS as far as I know doesn't have a hot pixel remover..

Any tips would be gratefully received..

NOTE: these images were taken without the cooler switched on.. maybe at -25 it wont be an issue :)

original.jpg

Nice image. I call it the exploding trick cigar.

DSS has hot (and cold pixel) filters.

Sorry, at the moment I'm on a Narrow boat in the middle of nowhere and on the wrong Netbook to run up a frame to tell you how to get there.

Someone else!

Great stuff... I found it and have tried it... Ive been too aggressive and with the settings ... the hot pixels have gone but some of my stars are like + shapes :)

Guess its a matter of tweaking here and there..

Definitely use the cooler Guy! You'll still get some stray hot pixels, and the best way to deal with them is by using proper darks.

I find that my H9 camera has fixed pixels which are hot/cold, so that a darks library works well enough to eliminate them.

Any remaining rogues that make it through are easily dealt with using the clone stamp tool in Pixinsight/Photoshop.

Can't agree with the comment above about altering the colour in DSS though. Those sliders are just for a preview of the image, any alterations should be carried out in a proper image processing package. Even the guy who wrote it says as much :D Sorry Dave :)

Shouldn't be any stopping you now :mad:

Archived