Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 and its HII regions

peter shah

I know i said i was going to go on to something else (and you are probably fed up with this one now) but i couldnt leave it alone.....an extra 80mins in H-alpha added to it....

ive also tweaked it a bit and removed some of the gradients

i really am going on to finish one of the others now...im done with this icon_e_wink.gif

cheers peter

post-17181-133877497726_thumb.jpg

post-17181-133877497735_thumb.jpg

thanks nadeem.....the problem imaging Ha in galaxies is red shift....the ha doesnt always sit at 656nm(of course M31 is blue shifted because its come toward us)....so some galaxies work better than others....some of the pro observatories have a whole set of filters for different red shifts....im not sure if there is a technology that allows them to effectively tune in to the correct bandwidth

many thanks

Lovely Peter, a really nice smooth M31 that is - I always push mine too far but this is just perfect!

its always difficult to know when to stop....it takes me a few attempts before im happy....but its mostly down to personal taste others may like the dust lanes more crunchy

john there seems to be more colour in the data than you first think....the extra h-alpha really warms the whole image up too

Archived