Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

some new targets wanted...

As the planets are all taking a holiday, and I've found and observed and loved M31, 45 and 42 a dozen times each, I need some new objects to view on moonless nights. Any ideas?? Double stars are okay, globs are better, but nebulae and galaxies are what I''m really after. Please suggest some easy targets.

Thanks a lot.

Andrew

You could always give these a try, M35, 36, 37 and 38, all nicely placed close by to each other, so not too far to move the scope to observe.... :D

image.jpg

Some of my faves anyway.. :D

Caz

Edit: Added Gaz's suggestion, also the double cluster in Perseus, a true show stopper :D

If you want a bit of a challenge try M1, it's just a few degrees directly down from the clusters Caz has mentioned.

Hopefully I'll have a picture in the morning to show you what it looks like.

Check out the monthly targets which are chosen for their diversity and I think all are possible with a small telescope to keep people interested.

Captain Chaos

• 1 month later...

Archived