Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ6 Pro Synscan - one person's initial thoughts!

astroimpulse

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great cloudy nights link. I think I'm going to have to look at doing that upgrade to the alt peg. That is unless anyone can think of a reason not to?!?

Does anyone know where to get hold of small amounts of steel plate? And how best to cut it to size?

I've bought a steel joist truss and it's nice and thin from a small local diy merchants. Cost £1.50. You could always check a car bit'n'bobs place too.

I also think I have a cracking solution to the bolts that comes to under £1!!!! But I'll post a thread about them when done...and only if it works :)

I've finished the DIY Alt bolts and they work perfectly! Rubber grip too :) So I thought I'd show them.

I'm not bothered that the tips aren't rounded as I'm going to add the thin steel plate to the chassis. But basically all the parts were sourced at my local 'old school' diy merchants.

Cost £1.20 for both :mad: (ex epoxy which I had).

Excuse the poor photo :D

post-21451-133877497163_thumb.jpg

I've just received my NEQ6 Pro altitude adjustment bolts from AstroDevelopments. Very impressed with the mechanical engineering and the ratchet lever built into the rear bolt is an excellent idea. Just need to add a smear of moly grease to them and job done :) Much easier on the fingers as well with the plastic grips

• 3 weeks later...

Archived