Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Zoom Eyepiece from Baader

John

Well seeing that it's TS selling the eyepiece and they are a business partner with Baader, it's perhaps not a surprise they are first to sell.

You're right Steve, it does look like a spotting scope eyepiece. Perhaps that's all it is, which wouldn't be a bad thing. I was looking at spotting scope the other day. Noticed that despite using a zoom eyepiece, the exit pupil (4-5mm) and eye relief (most were 14mm to 18mm) were still very good. Where as the cheapo astro zoom eyepieces are terrible on both counts.

Russ

How is it that Germany has got them before us then ? - or this this dealer pre-selling stock that has yet to be delivered ?.

John.

Because my friend, unless its made in the UK the rule of thumb is: USA first, European mainland second, Uk third. That is unless they see a bigger market in China, then we come fourth.

Steve, I am so impatient I couldn't wait and ordered a 21mm and a 13mm. It was a toss up between 2 Baaders or a William Ewan and the Baaders won. Hope I don't regret it, already fearful that I should have gone for the extra optical quality. Never mind, looking forward to trying them out. :D

Gary

I have used a Vixen LV zoom (8-24) and enjoyed using it lots. The only reason I sold it was because of the small FOV. If this zoom gives 50* or higher throughout the range then it will be an excellent addition to anyones collection of plossls. I doubt however that it can compete with other baader hyperion eyepieces at the same focal length for image quality, disregarding FOV

Archived