Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New focuser for Lightbridge?

I'm thinking of upgrading my focuser on my 10" Lightbridge as I feel the stock one is ok but could be better/smoother. I was toying with a duel speed 2" focuser maybe the skywatcher Crayford type one at £122 FLO. Not sure on compatability with this particular model.

Have you guys got any suggestions for an upgrade? either yes or no to bother with it and if yes which ones do you recomend budget upto £150.

cheers steve

Yes - definitely do it. I replaced mine with the Revelation dual speed for £89 delivered. It looks more or less the same as the Skywatcher, Orion and Antares models. And after having tried the Skywatcher at Salisbury SP, i can confirm the Revelation works identically to the Skywatcher. The Skywatcher and Orion have a nice built in extender for focus travel but the focus action itself is identical to the Revelation.

You will need to do some work mind. The mounting holes won't match and a new set will need to be drilled. But this is no biggie to be honest. There is some talk that the base plate in the SnS Astroboot is a straight fit but can't confirm.

As far as i can see, all the models upto £150 are all the same with some minor differences and a different badge. But above £200 you are looking at the Baader Steel track which is better. And then further up the price range you are with the Moonlites, which are better again.

Archived