NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

32mm EP selection

I have a 40mm Skwatcher Plossl and a 25 mm Celestron E-Lux Plossl and want to add a 32mm with good contrast for DSO's. The choice

Teleview 32 Plossl

Prices for these second hand are nearly as much as new and £70-80 aint cheap.

Celestron Omni 32 Plossl.

Not cheap at Rother Valley Optics £60 +delivery but I have found a supplier at £30 +£7 delivery.

I dont know these EP's so can you advise for use in my Celestron f10 SCT. I often use f6.3 reducer. I dont have a 2" diagonal.

Thanks

Guys

Any other suggestions?

I decided against getting a 32mm EP for my Mak, and went for a Baader Hyperion 24mm EP with 68 degrees FOV - giving the same true field as a 32mm or 40mm EP but with better contrast and a much bigger eyeful of a view. I got mine for £50 or £60 (can't remember...) second hand.

I decided against getting a 32mm EP for my Mak, and went for a Baader Hyperion 24mm EP with 68 degrees FOV - giving the same true field as a 32mm or 40mm EP but with better contrast and a much bigger eyeful of a view. I got mine for £50 or £60 (can't remember...) second hand.

Thats a good choice :(

I've had an opportunity to try some of the Hyperion eyepieces recently (including the 24mm) and I found them pretty nice eyepieces.

Thanks guys but its a 32mm I want. Does anyone have experience of the Celestron Omni?

I understand where you are coming from but a 24mm 68 degree eyepiece would effectively replace both your 25mm and 40mm plossls (ie: it will show as much, or more, sky than they will) and the higher magnification will darken the background sky which helps when trying to spot faint objects.

Just a thought ......... :(

I have a 15mm Omni, but it is my least-used eyepiece. The view through it just feels darker and fuzzier than through my other eyepieces. To be fair it does not provide a useful magnification or field of view with my Mak. Perhaps it would perform better in another scope.

Archived