NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Sept 22nd Skymax 127 reprocess

Space Cowboy

Just realized I've not been using the RGB alignment correctly in registax. It's only been adjusting the RGB in the stack alignment area instead of the whole image. Here is the image from Sept 22nd with proper RGB alignment..cleaned up blue fringe on Jupiter and the it's moon nicely.

First image 150% size, 2nd is actual size. (3x Barlow, SPC900 & Skymax 127)

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture6893-jupiter-5fps-150-percent.jpg

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture6894-jupiter-5fps.jpg

Quite a bit of detail for the little mak, good resize and process.

As for rgb on reg, i often find it doesnt always estimate to the best of the misalignment. And manual can often do better, sometimes its worth resizing, adding colour saturation, to really see the woods from the trees. I often do this, as i find i cant see the missalignment on reg easily. Then as soon as i colour saturate BINGO one side is blue or red. taking me right back to the beggining again, ouch, better to get it right straight off.

your alignment looks ok to me

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic image, Stuart, thanks for sharing! I imagine 3x barlow is probably the max we can push the Skymax 127 although I hope to combine my 2.5x barlow and 1.5x to make 3.75 when its next clear. I've read that beyond f/40 is wasted magnification so it'll be interesting to see what comes out.

Well done again, brilliant result,

Nick

Archived