Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone knows where to get a replacement tripod leg

Hi all, I wonder if anyone knows the best place to get a replacement leg for a Skywatcher Atl/Az goto mount is. As I posted a while ago looking for advice the bolt which tighten the slide leg is gone and I am holding the leg up by a jubilee clip for the sliding part to rest on.

The problem is that when storing or picking it up, the leg slides down and then it seem to moves a touch each time I set it down where the clip keeps sliding. I am disappointed as it went outside of warranty and I had FLO replace a leg for me once back just after owning the scope for 5 months.

To be honest I think that is the reason I havent used the scope, even on the occasional nights that been clear due to it taking the shine off the scope not being perfect as I take care of my gear and it is like new, so having the scope not perfect is making me not interested in using it as I got to keep adjusting the bubble on it.

I have been thinking of selling my scope and equipment due to weather and the fault, but I know I wont get much for the scope as it stands as it is basicly broken. So any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Hmm, interesting idea to look into, but surely if I replace the clip wont the leg still slide out full as I lift the tripod up or do I put it around where the original bolt screws into the plastic bit with the threads on. Thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb question but me and my DIY skills aint the best....lol.

Not sure if the legs from a Nexstar Az GOTO mount will fit but I've got a set that I don't need so if they will fit they're yours for the postage cost.

The part at the top of the legs that fits into the tripod top is about 33mm wide. From the centre of the bolt at the top they are 678mm long closed and 1190mm long extended.Top leg tube is 35mm dia, and lower leg tube is 25mm dia.

John

Archived