Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Jupiter from friday morning

Magnum

Just finished stacking another avi from friday morning, this one was at 20fps vs 10fps for the last one, and is a stack of 2056 frames, not a lot of difference but it looks slightly smoother to me. I maxed out every wavelet in registax 5, i've been using registax since the first version but I still don't really know how to use the wavelets correctly, I find myself just pushing them as far as I can before the image gets too noisy, any help and advice with this would be greatly appreciated. Also whats the general concensus on wether to create a reference frame from a stack of 50, or just pick the best frame in the framelist as the reference.

Thanks Lee

Skywatcher 200p f5 with Tal 4x barlow philips ToUcam pro

post-18769-133877486549_thumb.jpg

Great result there, Lee

some great fine detail showing on this and ur other post

there are few Tutorials on here from KM and Neil regarding registax and wavelets,

i'm sure most people use there own method aswell,

but having read a few tuts, most seem to only move sliders 2 and 3,

further waveleting can be done using wavelet filter tab aswell,

and then further unsharp mask and or sharpening in other software after wavelets

I recently increased my ref frame from 50 to 150-200 not sure how much difference this makes if any, maybe someone more exp can help here

what capture software where u using ?

HTH

cheers

James

Archived