Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and Io transit 127mak and spc900nc

bigal1

Hi all just posting a result i got from lastnight , i didn't get a lot of video due to how cold it was lol maybe its just me but lastnight felt very cold so this image is only about 500 frames . Seeing was ok but not perfect although after the last week of being cloud locked it was nice to just see the sky :) .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877486088_thumb.jpg

Hi John i used 10fps with 1/25 shutter gain and brightness adjusted so the image is bright but not blown out , if its too dark you will get the ring effect . Auto white balance for about 30 seconds then freeze the white balance , saturation was about 80 percent .

Regards Alan

Thanks for comments i used a 2x barlow which was inserted into a diagonal , i rekon a nexstar 4 will be quite good its not much smaller than my mak although you may need a 3x or even 4x barlow to ramp the scale up but i'm not too sure of the scope focal length .

Regards Alan

Wow - I see the little red spot was next to GRS last night! didn't see that with my own eyes sadly. The Io shadow and the polar zones are also much more pronounced than they were visually, for me anyway.

Hi Jaymul, I was looking at Jupiter with a 4SE at the exact time this picture was taken. You've got to remember that an astrophoto will capture a lot more detail and color than the eye can, but I could see the polar zones, the dark band, the great red spot and the very white region between the GRS and the dark band. I could also see the shadow of Io, but could not see Io itself against the face of Jupiter. Other people with bigger scopes and better seeing did make out Io in transit.

Great result Alan

its tricky to capture Io Transit

as its quite bright and similar to bright parts on Jupiter

so well done, getting shadow and GRS n Jnr is nice bonus too,

some other nice fine details showing aswell

was out for bit myself last night this morning and i agree it was very cold

esp after couple hrs

regards James

Archived