Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

very wet Jupiter opposition

russ

Set the scopes up last for Jupiter. Skies looked wonderful around 7pm.

But same old story. By 10pm the skies were awash with high cloud, the dew was the worst i've ever seen (and i get it bad), moon almost full and the seeing was a joke.

So after spending 45mins setting everything up, getting all excited. I ended up observing for a grand total of 7 minutes and threw it all back in the shed. I did try all three scopes and all gave a nice view at 120x. But anymore was hopeless. All three showed a featureless fuzzy blob at 150x. Without doubt one of the worst clear nights ever.

:)

How right were you Russ!.. the dew (even for me) was the worst I'd had for some time. Found it best to stick with the 80GTL which did, and it give a nice detailed image to be fair. I had 20mins at the ep. Never mind

Rob

Same here in Kent skies were crisp and clear had some great views of Jupiter so decided to set my lappy up to get the GRS coming round and within minutes of setting up heavy mist just came from nowhere it was like smoke just rolling in

I reckon neighbours at least 3 houses each side heard me cursing as I packed up :)

Kevin

I think I was just lucky... although thin high stuff was moving in as I was finishing up... shame about the views last night...

Dew was pretty bad around here, but I guess the C80ED doesn't suffer to badly from it as it was clear after my hour or so last night.

The ED is good with dew I have to say. The only thing you need to watch with the C80ED is that it does mist up in between the lens's.. its not a sealed doublet.

This happens when the scope is brought back into the house.. just leave all caps off for an hour

Archived