Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First test spc880nc/spc900nc Jupiter and 127mm mak

bigal1

Hi all thought i'd post my first results from using the spc880nc webcam flashed to the spc9000nc and my skymax 127mm mak scope , the colors on screen seemed to show better than my old toucam pro2 which could be down to the age of it plus no hot pixels which i had 2 of on my toucam .

Regards Alan .

post-18835-133877482788_thumb.jpg

That really is very good. I was trying to capture him with my mak and 1000D last night and I couldn't get anything like that detail or colour, even using the barlow. I need to get saving for a lappy so I can get some use from this 880.

Out of interest, Alan, how did you mount the cam? Barlowed? with diagonal?

EDIT: Also, how many stacked frames is that and at what exposure time? Cheers :)

Thanks for the comments i used a 2x barlow which was inserted into the diagonal and an ir/uv filter on the webcam adapter , The finished image was a stack of about 900 frames out of a total of 1200 which was captured using k3ccd tools .

Regards Alan

Cheers for the details :)

How do you get on with the focuser? I've just ordered a SW ele. focuser which I'm hoping to be able to mod for the mak, just so I can focus the image without the ridiculous wobble, which makes it very hard to see the image while focusing when zoomed in. I take it you can see the image on your lappy screen. How clear does it look on screen?

Thats a nice shot Alan! If you put your barlow in the scope before the diagonal that will give you a 3x magnification. Personally I don't use the diagonal when doing a 2x barlow shot (assuming yours is the standard issue skywatcher diagonal) as it will reduce quality slightly.

Thats a nice shot Alan! If you put your barlow in the scope before the diagonal that will give you a 3x magnification. Personally I don't use the diagonal when doing a 2x barlow shot (assuming yours is the standard issue skywatcher diagonal) as it will reduce quality slightly.

Yeah Bernard was explaining this to me the other day. I generally don't use it either, but now I've upgraded it I might have another go using the diagonal to get the mag up. I suspect the 880/900 has much finer pixels than the 1000D which will help, too.

Archived