Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An animation of the effects of poor seeing

MikeD

Well thats what I ended with.:)

The plan was to animate the GRS across the face of Jupiter, I even cut short an close up image of M31/ngc206 I was running at the time to get it.

By the time I had reconfigured my set up from DSO's to planetary imaging

And I took the first test shot and realised the seeing was not good, it was too late to go back to M31, so I went ahead anyway.

Alas it soon became evident that the seeing was going downhill fast and got so bad I had to give in after 10 x 135 second runs (45 sec's per filter with 4 mins between each run)

Shot between 1:43 and 2:45 on the 12th Sep 2010 through my 10" newt ( 10mm eyepiece projection ) and DMK21.

Put together as R-RGB in maxim DL and photoshop CS3.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture6699-jup13-09-animationr-rgb.gif

Umm, know that feeling . How about a still from the good seeing ?

The seeing was pritty poor to start with, but here's the best of the bunch ( frame 3 of 10).

It looks better in the animation because the eye blends the niose form the frames before and after....I think.:)

post-13376-133877482828_thumb.jpg

very nice

why eyepiece projection not the prime focus? :)

Thanks, image scale.

My newt is f4.8, at prime jupiter is very small and I can't afford an imagemate ect as DSO imaging is where I like to spend what little money I get to spend on kit.

Mike.

Archived