NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SKYMAX PRO 180 MAK MOON IMAGES

DaveGibbons

I finally got round to trying the 7" Skywatcher mak on the moon last night. I only have a unmodded webcam and have not imaged anything for a few years -still a bit of a novice, all at f15 no barlow used. I would be interested to hear what you think. By the way I spent most of the evening using binoviewers(moonfish) and a couple of older 25mm Tal plossls absolutely breathtaking.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Plato and Schiller respectively

Dave

Thanks for the positive comments. The scope really is inch for inch the nicest I've had. Binoviewing the moon was stunning never seen a better view in 30 years and in any scope . The webcam images are not a patch on what I can see visually. After taking a few shots of the moon ( must admit messing round with webcams is not for me)I had a quick look at M42 low down in the east just rising and it could still make out the e and f components in the trapezium. The portability of the scope is something I really like, my poor 6" f8 refractor looks like getting relegated to Astrobuysell as It will get very little use It just seems so large and unwieldy compared to the compact mak . The narrow FOV is really the only downside but I am thinking of mating an ED80 with the mak in a dual scope set up, should work well on the eq6.

cheers

Dave

Archived