NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with long/lat and time zone

My 130P Supatrak has now been converted to a Goto :D I bought a Synscan handset off a fellow member on here for a great price and to my surprise I've just plugged it into my Supatrak mount and it works fine.

However, I need to enter the long/lat and also the time zone.

Am I right in thinking the time zone is +0.00? You can't add GMT or anything like that it's just numbers and + or -

I've just typed in my long/lat on the computer and my area comes up as this (does this look about right) - LAT: -1.13 & LONG: 52.93

However, on the handset all those digits can't fit in and there's also N, E, S & W to enter. Have I got it right like this - LAT: 1 13W & LONG: 53 00N

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Here's a tip, right-click on your precise location on Google Maps and click "what's here". Then click on the green arrow and it pops up the long/lat in deg min & secs.

Yes, it's coming up the same but it's the North, East, South, West bit I don't get. After I enter the latitude I have to put N, E, S or W and then the same for the longitude :D

No-one seems to have pointed out but:

It appears that you have swapped Lat and Long. I would expect Long: -1.132677 & Lat: 52.931731

Meaning 1.13 East and 52.93 N (Kings Lynn - Norwich ?)

Just realised that -ve Long is often West using -ve implies more to do with the local time, depends on the software.

Nottingham is probably 52.93 North 1.13 West

Archived