SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CALIFORNIA NEBULA DIFFERENT ANGLE

CELESCOPE

Well 5 hRS OF Total problems , both scopes played up , then puter crashed , then tripped over the wires ripping them out , then tracking not right , really fed up . TAKE NOTE ALL YOU HOPEFULL IMAGERS , IS NOT ALL FUN LOL ,any way managed to salvage this one , not great but at least i could finish on a fairly happy note

Rog

image.jpg

Rog., we both know that its great fun but it doesn't work every time. If it did, then I'd get bored with it really quickly. Box ticked, NEXT!

There is a satisfaction to be had in doing something that takes time and effort and which fights back when you least expect it. Getting good at golf is not even close to the DSO imaging thing (my handicap is that I'm rubbish at it(golf as well)).

The DSO imaging is, to me at least, more like catching an image of faries. We've all seen pictures of them and we know that you can't see them however hard you try, but bait the trap and wait for hours and you could get a picture of them.

Nice fairy BTW Rog. That must have taken a lot of stalking.

Captain Chaos

Thats very true CC i have many nights when things dont go right , but last night was the worst i have ever had, maybe the frost i dont know , scopes prob said , sod that , Brrrr we will play up maybe he put us back in the warm lol. have made a few changes for last night so maybe that could be the prob , we try again tonight if clear , thanks for the nice comments guys

Rog

:lol:i know what ya mean ZOG just think of it this way , you are a runner you run the 1500 meters say in 4 mins , then after a while you run it in 3.58 and so on till you do it in 3.48 , great you think , im getting good now , then one day you run it in 4 mins 02 , hell youthink thats Rubbish , you see we all improve , but when we get an image that we feel could be better , we are not happy ,thats all really , i know when ppl start out it seems fantastic to see an image like this , but you will get to that point one day , but thanks for the nice comments anyway ,

cheers

Rog

Wow I didn't realise you could see this through the scope, I thought it was a camera only thing!

I will have to have a look for that next time theres no moon about!

Lovely pic Rog, I like it, I dunno how it's meant to be bad lol.

Kain

Know how you feel Rog, spent ages last night trying to get a star focused in the camera lcd, couldnt even see it for ages, kept adjusting the home made camera mount, then when I got it, it wouldt focus then found the e.p. had misted over. When I finaly sorted it the camera said the battery was exhusted (so was I).

M2

Excellent! I finally managed to observe this visually through a 10" F/5 just last weekend. Too big to see all of it of course, but it was neat to find it. Well done!

Is that a rare event to see it visually?

I wouldn't say it's rare, just tricky. There's kind of a story behind my seeing it, though. When I first got my scope, I looked through my charts to see what I might see. I chose the biggest things on the charts, surely I could see them with ease! Well, I had no clue how big my field of view was, nor even what it meant, so I was baffled when I pointed at it and didn't see it. Took a year or so before I figured it out. It's just a matter of experience. 8)

Archived