Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888 - The Crescent Nebula

adamsp123

This one is WIP, I want to get more data but this is what I have at the mo.

Details - Canon 1000D modded plus CLS CCD filter 32x5mins at ISO1600

on a 190 Mak Newt F5.3, guided with QHY5v on a 50mm finderscope using PHD.

Stacked in DSS and processed in PS. Full frame image

Dunno if I have overdone the processing? :blob10:

Cheers for looking

post-15319-133877480224_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete, wow there are so many stars its unreal. The colours look gorgeous.

Out of interest what is WIP, not a term I've come across before.

The guiding looks great, I'm just about to start using a QHY5 finder/guider myself with PHD. Looks like its a good combo.

Have to say as a full frame I really do like the fov you get with the 1000D/MN190. Very nice indeed.

Thanks guys,

Peter the Canon is out because my Atik is returned for fixing, howevr I am enjoying using it especially as my guiding, touch wood, seems now consistant and good.

Good luck SlySi84 with the finderguider, they do work very well when set up right - beware flexture!! PM me if you need any help/advice at all.

Steve/Nadeem I was tempted to reduce the stars impact but decided to leave them be for now as they look so amazing even if it is to the detriment of the nebula but I may try another process and reduce the stars.

Got the 190MN S/H from Astro B&S recently

yep WIP = work in progress

You've certainly captured plenty of detail, Pete. The processing has given the stars some prominence but then this is a star filled area so it is not unreal!

Maybe unreal was the wrong term but it was meant in a good way.

Thanks for clarifying WIP, now you've told me it seems so obvious.

Your image though fills me with confidence about what can be done with the "1KD" as Peter puts it. Mines for the mod chop soon.

Maybe unreal was the wrong term but it was meant in a good way.

Ironically, this was not a reference to your use of the term 'unreal' !! I used the word independently but I now note that you used the term in a different context as in 'hey man, unreal' :blob10: Gotta love the English language, there must have been wars fought over it .....

Ironically, this was not a reference to your use of the term 'unreal' !! I used the word independently but I now note that you used the term in a different context as in 'hey man, unreal' :blob10: Gotta love the English language, there must have been wars fought over it .....

I'm sure there were many wars fought over the misinterpretation of the English language and I can only blame my laid back use of it to my father who was once of hippy ilks. I'm sure he used the term "hey man, unreal" many a time when I was growing up.:)

I apologise for what can only appear to be me jumping to conclusions as I'm sure you would have quoted me.

An interesting theory though, and happens alot to me, is that when you read something and then pen a reply it is quite often that words creep into your thinking that you may have briefly skirted over before hand.

Archived