NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where can I get.....

Either a 2" or 1.25" (preferably 1.25") Eyepiece extension tube from? I need one as there is not enough outwards travel with my focuser in my Orion 8" reflector. I have had a look round all the websites I know and have tried to google it as well :) I have been advised to buy a cheap Barlow lens and remove the lens, but I am not sure how to remove the lens without damaging it.

Ah thanks, I thought I would have to somehow snap if off or something!! I will have a look on Ebay, I am sure they will have a cheap one, or maybe.......If they screw out I could get a decent one (Cheap decent I mean £20-30 not a £100 one) and then I can use it as a proper barlow when I need to :)

Have a look on pulsar optical, or the First Light Optics website, both will sell you a TAL barlow which are probably the best for the money in your price range. You wont get much better until you pay about £70ish

The best barlows are the televue powermates IMO but they are way above your budget

Archived