Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heading to Norfolk...decent astro shops?

I'm heading to Norfolk for a few days fishing with my son and hopefully, which I doubt greatly, we will get a nite out under the stars in my partners parents back garden. They live in Stow Bedon, pretty dark there at nite from what i've seen of it.

Anyhows, I'm on the look out for a few items and was wondering where if anywhere, in Norfolk, there was a decent astro shop where I could pick up...

William Optics 2" extender

Skywatcher Coma Correcter

IR/UV filter for Modded lifecam

Maybe one or 2 other bits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

There use to be a shop in Titchwell IIRC, really small and right on the coast, used to stock mainly binoculars but did have astro stuff as well, cannot for the life of me remember the name.

I must put in another good word about Viking Optical on Timberhill in Norwich.

They're agents for OpticalVision gear (Skywatchers etc.), and have always matched the cheapest price anywhere (for me, anyway!. I got my original SW200 and HEQ5 from them - cheaper than anyone else and local for me. It's a small shop and do other stuff apart from astronomy gear, so don't have a huge amount in stock. Probably not much there for an impulse buy for an experienced observer.

There's also Warehouse Express which is based in Norwich. They have a lot of astro stock and a showroom, although most of the stuff on display is Camera equipment. Plenty of stuff on their website.

Archived