Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky way from sailsbury

That's a great pic. I recently got interested again in Astronomy and have a 7D too and am waiting for a cloudless night to try it out.

What lens did you use for this shot? Did you mount it on a fixed mount or did you need a tracking mount?

Thx

Wow what a result. I tried this at ssp but didnt quite get the same result... Tbh it was c#$?. What lens did you use or did you put it on a scope? I used a 55 mm lens and i couldnt get a wide enough feild... I didnt do any darks etc so that didnt help.

Lovely image though, if i get a result anywhere near this i would be over then moon... And aproaching jupiter. :D

I used a 15mm lens at f 3.5 mounted on a tripod,just looking back over the data and i noticed it was set on iso 3200.This is pretty high but i dont think there was too much noise in the image.The 7d is a great camera it never fails to impress me.

Archived