Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Synguider Autoguider

I have had one on review and it does exactly what it says on the tin! Good value for money but the screen being installed on the camera makes it difficult to read at some points in the sky although installing on a diagonal resolves this at the risk of introducing differential flexure.

I've got one and although Ive not been able to use it much yet, the two times Ive played with it, its been an easy to use and responsive piece of kit. Cloud stops play too much at the mo and I take an hour and a half to set up at the best of times! Should work like a dream with an EQ6 Pro.

Yep, I'm looking forward to trialling this bit of kit myself. It looks like a definite must-buy for several reasons; cost, convenience, and simplicity. The 4 x D-size battery-pack seems fairly clumsy for a portable solution, but a regulated supply from a normal power-pack should eliminate the need.

Thanks for the replies chaps, it's very reassuring that you all give it a thumbs up, although as Steve mentioned, it could be a little awkward to view at times on my Mak Newt.

I think it's being reviewed in the September Sky at Night magazine so will check that out too before making my final decision.

Thanks again, it's much appreciated.

Regards,

Jon

Archived